Friday, April 4, 2014

Gooseberry Memories





Gooseberry Memories

I'm beginning to get ready for my annual workshop in Grand Marais at the beginning of May.  It is a great time to re-connect; with the North Shore landscape, old friends, new materials, and the work.

Last year, for the first time, I drove north alone.  All along the way the water was rushing in the small streams, running down the hills and across the road, running in the streams into the lake.  I decided to stop at Gooseberry Falls, break my drive, and see what was up.  I was rewarded with rushing waters falling, and falling again.  The banks were so swollen that you could not walk out onto the rocks as you can usually.  It was magnificent.  I got lost in the power of the rushing waters.  The sound was deafening.

So here is a memory of Gooseberry falls for you, the rushing water, the tall straight trees, the wonderful, massive boulders.  And of course the colors.....pink and baby blue are the unexpected sky colors up north.  Anywhere else they don't work, but up with the pines and the lake they are perfect.If you have stopped, you might remember too.  If not just sit awhile.  I'll bet you'll be able to hear the rushing waters.   Click here to go to the auction site.

Can Spring waters be far away?

Blessings on your day,
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment