Thursday, May 8, 2014

Spring Blossoms



This little painting has started a series.  I was re-acquainting myself with acrylics after painting in oils all day, when this appeared.  It is of one of my favorite Spring topics, apple blossoms.  It was a very evocative piece for me. 

It speaks of Spring of course, but it also seemed to speak in a broader sense of my time of life.  I'm feeling like I'm in the Springtime of the "second half" of my life, as Richard Rohr puts it.  I'm just beginning to enjoy "retirement".  I'm just beginning this new phase of my painting career.  I'm allowing myself to have some fun.  All new beginnings.....once again of course.

This painting deals with painting the negative spaces.  After painting the branches I had to pay attention to color organization, composition, and depth.  And, of course, wait for the unexpected.  If you would like more information or to bid on it Click Here 

If you are new to my blog and want to receive it by email, just enter your address at the top of this page.

So for today it is cherry blossoms. Let's see in upcoming days, where this one leads.

Blessings on your day,
Kathy




.

No comments:

Post a Comment